List as Question per ZhangJie
- 7397The nurse hands the medication cup to a client who is psychotic and exhibiting concrete thinking and tells the client to take his medicine. The client takes the cup, holds it in hand, and stares at it. What should the nurse do next?
- 7398Which action by the nurse is likely to increase the anxiety and suspiciousness of a client who is delusional?
- 7399A client with schizophrenia tells the nurse that he does not go out much because he does not have anywhere to go and he does not know anyone in the apartment where he is staying. Which action is most beneficial for the client at this time?
- 7400The plan of care for an outpatient client with schizophrenia includes risperidone therapy. The nurse prepares to administer this drug based on the understanding of which factor?
- 7401A client diagnosed with schizophrenia is being discharged on aripiprazole 5 mg every night. When developing the teaching plan about the most common adverse effects, which information should the nurse include? Select all that apply.
- 7402A newly admitted client with an acute exacerbation of psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia is having trouble deciding whether to live in a group home or a supervised apartment. Based on the client’s current cognitive functioning, which activity is most appropriate for the nurse to ask the client to do initially?
- 7403An outpatient client who has been receiving haloperidol for 2 days develops muscular rigidity, altered consciousness, a temperature of 103°F (39.4°C), and trouble breathing on day 3. The nurse interprets these findings as indicating which - complication?
- 7404A client with schizophrenia reports doing very little all day except sleeping and eating. The nurse should:
- 7405The nurse notes that a client sitting in a chair has not gotten up in 1 hour. The client does not respond to verbal directions, and her arm has been extended over the armrest for 30 minutes. What should the nurse do next?
- 7406What is the most appropriate long-term goal for an outpatient client with schizophrenia who has been withdrawn from friends and family for 3 weeks?