List as Question per ZhangJie
- 7472A client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder has self-inflicted cuts on her arms. The nurse is assessing the client for the risk of suicide. What should the nurse ask the client first?
- 7473When developing the plan of care for a client diagnosed with a personality disorder, the nurse plans to assist the client primarily with what factor?
- 7474A client diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder is hospitalized for physically threatening his wife because he suspects her of having an affair with a coworker. What approach should the nurse employ with this client?
- 7475When planning care for a client diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder, which intervention helps the client become involved with others?
- 7476A client is complaining to other clients about not being allowed by staff to keep food in her room. The nurse should:
- 7477A client with a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder has a potential for violence and aggressive behavior. Which short-term client outcome is most appropriate for the nurse to include in the plan of care?
- 7478A new client on the psychiatric unit has been diagnosed with depression and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD). During visiting hours, her husband states to the nurse that he does not understand this OCPD and what can be done about it. What information should the nurse share with the client and her husband? Select all that apply.
- 7479A client diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder is being admitted on an involuntary 24-hour hold after a physical altercation with a police officer who was investigating the client’s threatening phone calls to his neighbors. He states that his neighbors are spying on him for the government, saying, “I want them to stop and leave me alone. Now they have you nurses and doctors involved in their conspiracy.” Which nursing approaches are most appropriate? Select all that apply.
- 7480A 28-year-old client with a diagnosis of major depression and dependent personality disorder has been living at home with very supportive parents. The client is thinking about independent living on the recommendation of the treatment team. The client states to the nurse, “I do not know if I can make it in an apartment without my parents.” The nurse should respond by saying to the client:
- 7481The client approaches various staff with numerous requests and needs to the point of disrupting the staff’s work with other clients. The nurse meets with the staff to decide on a consistent, therapeutic approach for this client. Which approach will be most effective?