List as Question per ZhangJie
- 7944A client asks why she feels so much variability in fetal activity each day. The nurse explains that fetal movement is affected by which factors? Select all that apply.
- 7945The parent of a 2-week-old infant brings the child to the clinic for a checkup. The parent expresses concern about the baby’s breathing because the infant breathes quickly for a while and then breathes slowly. The nurse interprets this finding as an indication of what factor?
- 7946A nurse performs care on the client’s Hickman catheter according to hospital policy. The client develops an infection and is considering litigation. The nurse’s practice is:
- 7947When conducting the preoperative preparations, the nurse determines that the client with a primary language of Spanish has difficulty understanding English, and the nurse does not speak Spanish. The surgeon needs to obtain the client’s informed consent. The best course for obtaining the client’s informed consent is to:
- 7948The nurse is discharging a client who has been hospitalized for preterm labor. The client needs further instruction when she says:
- 7949A client who has glaucoma has been prescribed timolol eyedrops. The nurse should give which instructions about the administration of the eyedrops?
- 7950A client newly diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (DVT) of the left lower left extremity is on bed rest. The nurse should instruct the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) providing routine morning care for the client to:
- 7951The nurse observes a darkish blue pigment on the buttocks and back of an infant of African descent. Which action is most appropriate?
- 7952The nurse is assessing a client with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The client weighs 200 lb (90.7 kg) and is 6 feet (183 cm) tall. Using the diagram shown here, the nurse should record in the health history that the client’s chest is:
- 7953A diabetic primigravid client at 38 weeks’ gestation asks the nurse why she had a fetal acoustic stimulation during her last nonstress test. Which should the nurse include as the rationale for this test?