List as Question per ZhangJie
- 7764A client with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome confides that he is homosexual and his employer does not know his HIV status. Which response by the nurse is best?
- 7765An elderly client is being admitted to same-day surgery for cataract extraction. The client has several diamond rings. The nurse should explain to the client that:
- 7766Under which circumstance may a nurse communicate medical information without the client’s consent?
- 7767A 22-year-old client is brought to the emergency department with his fiancée after being involved in a serious motor vehicle accident. His Glasgow Coma Scale score is 7, and he demonstrates evidence of decorticate posturing. Which action is appropriate for obtaining permission to place a catheter for intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring?
- 7768The nurse notices that a cart being used to transport a client has a nonfunctioning clasp on the safety belt. The nurse should:
- 7769When coaching clients to improve their health, which strategy is the most
effective for the nurse to use to help clients take an active role in their health care?
- 7770The nurse is planning care for a client who chews the fingers constantly. Before applying mitten restraints, the nurse could try which interventions? Select all that apply.
- 7771A client with major depression states, “Life is not worth living anymore. Nothing matters.” Which response by the nurse is best?
- 7772A client with bipolar 1 disorder has been prescribed olanzapine 5 mg two times a day and lamotrigine 25 mg two times a day. Which adverse effects should the nurse report to the healthcare provider (HCP) immediately? Select all that apply.
- 7773The nurse is planning care for an older adult with a pressure ulcer (see figure). What should the nurse do? Select all that apply.