List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6393The client with pyelonephritis asks the nurse, “How will I know whether the antibiotics are effectively treating my infection?” What should the nurse tell the client?
- 6394The client with acute pyelonephritis wants to know the possibility of developing chronic pyelonephritis. The nurse’s response is based on knowledge of which disorder that most commonly leads to chronic pyelonephritis?
- 6395A client is diagnosed with pyelonephritis. Which nursing action is a priority
for care now?
- 6396A client with end-stage renal failure has an internal arteriovenous fistula in the left arm for vascular access during hemodialysis. What should the nurse instruct the client to do? Select all that apply.
- 6397A client with chronic renal failure is receiving hemodialysis three times a week. In order to protect the fistula, the nurse should:
- 6398A client with chronic renal failure who receives hemodialysis three times a week is experiencing severe nausea. What should the nurse advise the client to do to manage the nausea? Select all that apply.
- 6399The dialysis solution is warmed before use in peritoneal dialysis primarily
- 6400A client is receiving peritoneal dialysis. While the dialysis solution is dwelling in the client’s abdomen, the nurse should:
- 6401During the peritoneal dialysis, the nurse observes that the solution draining from the client’s abdomen is consistently blood tinged. The client has a permanent peritoneal catheter in place. The nurse should recognize that the bleeding:
- 6402During peritoneal dialysis, the nurse observes that the flow of dialysate stops before all the solution has drained out. The nurse should: