List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6004A nurse is caring for a client who has just returned from surgery to treat a fractured mandible. The jaws are wired. Which items should always be available at this client’s bedside? Select all that apply.
- 6005The nurse is teaching a client with stomatitis about mouth care. Which instruction is most appropriate?
- 6006A client who has a history of bacterial endocarditis is scheduled to have oral surgery to remove a tooth. What should the nurse instruct the client to do?
- 6007During the assessment of a client’s mouth, the nurse notes the absence of saliva. The client reports having pain behind the ear. The client has been nothing-by- mouth (NPO) for several days but now can have liquids. The nurse should:
- 6008The nurse is preparing a community presentation on oral cancer. Which is a
primary risk factor for oral cancer that the nurse should include in the presentation?
- 6009A client has early signs of oral cancer. To conduct a focused assessment, what should the nurse do? Select all that apply.
- 6010Following surgery to set a fractured mandible, the client has swelling at the surgery site. The priority for nursing care is to:
- 6011A client who has had the jaws wired begins to vomit. The nurse should first:
- 6012A client is admitted to the hospital after vomiting bright red blood and is diagnosed with a bleeding duodenal ulcer. The client develops a sudden, sharp pain in the midepigastric region along with a rigid, board-like abdomen. After obtaining the client’s vital signs, what should the nurse do next?
- 6013When obtaining a nursing history from a client with a suspected gastric ulcer, which signs and symptoms should the nurse assess? Select all that apply.