List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6548The nurse has established a goal to maintain intracranial pressure (ICP) within the normal range for a client who had a craniotomy 12 hours ago. What should the nurse do? Select all that apply.
- 6549The nurse is monitoring a client with increased intracranial pressure (ICP). What indicators are the most critical for the nurse to monitor? Select all that apply.
- 6550A client with a contusion has been admitted for observation following a motor vehicle accident when he was driving his pregnant wife to the hospital. The next morning, instead of asking about his wife and baby, he asked to see the football game on television that he thinks is starting in 5 minutes. He is agitated because the nurse will not turn on the television. What should the nurse do next? Select all that apply.
- 6551The nurse is assessing the level of consciousness in a client with a head injury who has been unresponsive for the last 8 hours. Using the Glasgow Coma Scale, the nurse notes that the client opens the eyes only as a response to pain, responds with sounds that are not understandable, and has abnormal extension of the extremities. What should the nurse do?
- 6552An unconscious client with multiple injuries to the head and neck arrives in the emergency department. What should the nurse do first?
- 6553A client is at risk for increased intracranial pressure (ICP). Which finding is the priority for the nurse to monitor?
- 6554What should the nurse do first when a client with a head injury begins to have clear drainage from the nose?
- 6555Which respiratory pattern indicates increasing intracranial pressure in the brain stem?
- 6556A client has an increased intracranial pressure (ICP) of 20 mm Hg. The nurse should:
- 6557The nurse is assessing a client with increasing intracranial pressure (ICP). The nurse should notify the healthcare provider (HCP) about which early change in the client’s condition?