List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6062Which guideline reflects the current American and Canadian Cancer Societies’ recommendations for screening for colon cancer in individuals who are not at high risk?
- 6063A client refuses to look at or care for her colostomy. Which statement by the nurse would be most appropriate?
- 6064The nurse should teach clients about which potential risk factor for the development of colon cancer?
- 6065A client had a colon resection yesterday. The client’s hemoglobin was 14.1 g/dL yesterday and today it is 7.2 g/dL. The client’s oxygen saturation is 87%. After reviewing the chart (see chart) and notifying the healthcare provider (HCP), the nurse should first:
- 6066A client with colon cancer is having a barium enema. The nurse should instruct the client to take which type of medication after the procedure is completed?
- 6067A client has a nasogastric tube inserted at the time of abdominal-perineal resection with permanent colostomy for colon cancer. This tube will most likely be removed when the client demonstrates:
- 6068The client with colon cancer has an abdominal-perineal resection with a colostomy. To promote hygiene following surgery, what should the nurse do?
- 6069The nurse assesses the client’s stoma during the initial postoperative period. What observation should the nurse report to the healthcare provider (HCP) immediately?
- 6070While changing the client’s colostomy bag and dressing, the nurse determines that the client is ready to participate in self-care when the client:
- 6071Which skin preparation would be best to apply around the client’s colostomy?