List as Question per ZhangJie
- 7150There has been a fire in an apartment building. All residents have been evacuated, but many are burned. Which clients should be transported to a burn center for treatment? Select all that apply.
- 7151The nurse is assessing an 80-year-old client who has scald burns on the hands and both forearms (first- and second-degree burns on 10% of the body surface area). What should the nurse do first?
- 7152During the emergent (resuscitative) phase of burn injury, which finding indicates that the client requires additional volume with fluid resuscitation?
- 7153A client is admitted to the hospital after sustaining burns to the chest, abdomen, right arm, and right leg. The shaded areas in the illustration indicate the burned areas on the client’s body. Using the “rule of nines,” estimate what percentage of the client’s body surface has been burned.
- 7154The nurse is caring for a client with severe burns who is receiving fluid resuscitation. Which finding indicates that the client is responding to the fluid resuscitation?
- 7155At about one-half hour before the daily whirlpool bath and dressing change, the nurse should:
- 7156The client with a major burn injury receives total parenteral nutrition (TPN). The expected outcome is to:
- 7157An advantage of using biologic burn grafts such as porcine (pigskin) grafts is that they:
- 7158Which factor would have the least influence on the survival and effectiveness of a burn victim’s porcine grafts?
- 7159The nurse should plan to begin rehabilitation efforts for the burn client: