List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6949A client tells the nurse on admission that she is uneasy about having to leave her children with a relative while being in the hospital for surgery. What should the nurse do?
- 6950The client has a latex allergy. What should the nurse teach the client to do before having surgery? Select all that apply.
- 6951When the nurse asks the client who is having abdominal surgery today if the client understands the procedure, the client replies, “No, not really; I talked about several different things with my surgeon, and I am just not sure.” The nurse should:
- 6952During preadmission testing for same-day surgery, a client states that she has added two cloves of garlic each day to her diet to help control her blood pressure. The nurse should further inquire about:
- 6953When removing protective covering, what action should this nurse (see figure) take to avoid spreading nosocomial infections?
- 6954The nurse is reviewing the medical record of a 55-year-old male client who is scheduled for a lumbar laminectomy. The nurse should report which finding to the surgeon?
- 6955Prior to going to surgery, the client tells the nurse that she cannot hear without her hearing aid and asks to wear it to surgery and recovery. What is the nurse’s best response?
- 6956The adult daughters of an elderly male client inform the nurse that they fully expect their father to be combative after surgery. Preoperatively, they request that the nurse put all four side rails up and use restraints to keep him safe. The nurse should tell the daughters:
- 6957The client is to take nothing by mouth after 0400. The nurse recognizes that the client has deficient knowledge when he states that he:
- 6958The surgeon prescribes cefazolin 1 g to be given IV at 0730 when the client’s surgery is scheduled at 0800. What is the primary reason to start the antibiotic exactly at 0730?