List as Question per ZhangJie
- 6211The nurse is completing a health assessment of a 42-year-old female with suspected Graves’ disease. The nurse should assess this client for:
- 6212When conducting a health history with a female client with thyrotoxicosis, the nurse should ask about which changes in the menstrual cycle?
- 6213A 34-year-old female is diagnosed with hypothyroidism. What should the nurse assess the client for? Select all that apply.
- 6214Propylthiouracil (PTU) is prescribed for a client with Graves’ disease. The nurse should teach the client to immediately report:
- 6215A client with thyrotoxicosis says to the nurse, “I am so irritable. I am having problems at work because I lose my temper very easily.” Which response by the nurse would give the client the most accurate explanation of this behavior?
- 6216The nurse is evaluating a client with hyperthyroidism who is taking propylthiouracil (PTU) 100 mg/day in three divided doses for maintenance therapy. Which statement from the client indicates the drug is effective?
- 6217A client with hyperthyroidism is hospitalized to have a thyroidectomy. The healthcare provider (HCP) has prescribed propranolol. In reviewing the client’s history, the nurse notes that the client has asthma. The nurse should next:
- 6218The nurse should teach the client with Graves’ disease to prevent corneal irritation from mild exophthalmos by:
- 6219After treatment with radioactive iodine (RAI, 1-131) I, the nurse should teach the client to:
- 6220A client with a large goiter is scheduled for a subtotal thyroidectomy to treat thyrotoxicosis. Saturated solution of potassium iodide (SSKI) is prescribed preoperatively for the client. The expected outcome of using this drug is that it helps: