List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5340Parents bring a 10-month-old boy with myelomeningocele and hydrocephalus with a ventriculoperitoneal shunt to the emergency department. His symptoms include vomiting, poor feeding, lethargy, and irritability. What interventions by the nurse are most appropriate? Select all that apply.
- 5341When positioning a neonate with an unrepaired myelomeningocele, which position is most appropriate?
- 5342The nurse is teaching the parents of a child with myelomeningocele how to prevent urinary tract infections. What should the care plan include for this child? Select all that apply.
- 5343The nurse reports to the healthcare provider (HCP) signs of increased intracranial pressure in an infant with a myelomeningocele who has which finding?
- 5344When developing the plan of care for an infant diagnosed with myelomeningocele and the parents who have just been informed of the infant’s diagnosis, which action should the nurse include as the priority when the parents visit the infant for the first time?
- 5345The mother of an infant with myelomeningocele asks if her baby is likely to have any other defects. The nurse responds based on the understanding that myelomeningocele is commonly associated with which disorder?
- 5346The parents of an infant with myelomeningocele ask the nurse about their child’s future mental ability. What is the nurse’s best response?
- 5347After placing an infant with myelomeningocele in an Isolette shortly after birth, which indicator should the nurse use as the best way to determine the effectiveness of this intervention?
- 5348After surgical repair of a myelomeningocele, which position should the nurse use to prevent musculoskeletal deformity in the infant?
- 5349When developing the discharge plan for the parents of an infant who has undergone a myelomeningocele repair, what information is most important for the nurse to include?