List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5472The nurse is measuring a child for crutches. What factors should the nurse consider? Select all that apply.
- 5473During the initial assessment of a child admitted to the pediatric unit with osteomyelitis of the left tibia, when assessing the area over the tibia, which is an expected finding?
- 5474A child is to receive IV antibiotics for osteomyelitis. Before the initial dose of antibiotics can be given, the nurse confirms that a blood sample for which test has been drawn?
- 5475A child is being treated with vancomycin 40 mg/kg/day IV divided into three doses for osteomyelitis. The healthcare provider (HCP) has prescribed drug protocol management by pharmacy and a trough vancomycin level 30 minutes before the third dose scheduled for 09:00 hours. The laboratory report returns prior to the third dose:The nurse should:
- 5476The nurse is caring for a child with osteomyelitis who will be receiving high- dose intravenous antibiotic therapy for 3 to 4 weeks. What should the nurse plan to monitor?
- 5477To meet the developmental needs of an 8-year-old child who is confined to home with osteomyelitis, what goal should the nurse include in the care plan?
- 5478A child with newly diagnosed osteomyelitis has nausea and vomiting. The parent wishes to give the child ginger cookies to help control the nausea. The nurse should tell the parent:
- 5479When assessing an adolescent for scoliosis, what should the nurse ask the client to do?
- 5480The nurse determines that teaching about the correct use of a Boston brace to treat scoliosis has been effective if the child and family state they will remove the brace at which times?
- 5481When teaching the child with scoliosis being treated with a Boston brace about exercises, the nurse explains that the exercises are performed primarily for what reason?