List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5442The nurse is assessing the infant shown in the figure. On observing the client from this angle, the nurse should document that this infant has which finding?
- 5443The nurse teaches the parents of an infant with developmental dysplasia of the hip how to handle their child in a Pavlik harness. Which care is most appropriate?
- 5444When developing the teaching plan for parents using the Pavlik harness with their child, what should be the nurse’s initial step?
- 5445When teaching the family of an older infant who has had a spica cast applied for developmental dysplasia of the hip, which information should the nurse include when describing the abduction stabilizer bar?
- 5446A parent asks the nurse about using a car seat for a toddler who is in a hip spica cast. The nurse should tell the parent:
- 5447The nurse is discharging a baby with clubfoot who has had a cast applied. The nurse should provide additional teaching to the parents if they state:
- 5448The parents of a neonate born with congenital clubfoot express feelings of helplessness and guilt and are exhibiting anxiety about how the neonate will be treated. Which action by the nurse would be most appropriate initially?
- 5449After teaching the parents of an infant with clubfoot requiring application of a plaster cast how to care for the cast, which statement would indicate that the parents have understood the teaching?
- 5450The parent of a preschool-age child with a tentative diagnosis of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) asks about a test to definitively diagnose JIA. The nurse’s response is based on knowledge of what information?
- 5451The parents of a child just diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) tell the nurse that the diagnosis frightens them because they know nothing about the prognosis. What information should the nurse include when teaching the parents about the disease?