List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5278A father brings his 4-week-old son to the clinic for a checkup, stating that he believes his son’s testicle is missing. Which explanation would be most appropriate?
- 5279While preparing to examine a 6-week-old infant’s scrotal sac and testes for possible undescended testes, which would be most important for the nurse to do?
- 5280While the nurse is examining the infant for presence of testes, the father paces around the room shaking his head. Which statement would be the most appropriate response by the nurse?
- 5281When assessing an infant with an undescended testis, the nurse should be alert for which symptom?
- 5282When developing the preoperative teaching plan for a 14-month-old child with an undescended testis who is scheduled to have surgery, which method is appropriate?
- 5283An adolescent with a history of surgical repair for an undescended testis comes to the clinic for a sports physical. Which anticipatory guidance for the parents and adolescent is most important?
- 5284During a clinic visit, the mother of an infant with hydrocele states that the infant’s scrotum is smaller now than when he was born. After teaching the mother about the infant’s condition, which statement by the mother indicates that the teaching has been effective?
- 5285Shortly after an infant is returned to his room following hydrocele repair, the infant’s parent approaches the nurse in the hall to report that the child’s scrotum looks swollen and bruised. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?
- 5286The parents of a neonate with hypospadias and chordee wish to have him circumcised. Which explanation should the nurse incorporate into the discussion with the parents concerning the recommendation to delay circumcision?
- 5287A 1-year-old child is scheduled for surgery to correct hypospadias and chordee. The nurse explains to the parents that this is the preferred time for surgical repair based on which factor?