List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5237A toddler is brought to the emergency department after ingesting an undetermined amount of drain cleaner. The nurse should expect to assist with which intervention first?
- 5238After the acute stage following an ingestion of drain cleaner by a child, the nurse should be alert for the development of which likely complication?
- 5239When developing the plan of care for a toddler who has taken an acetaminophen overdose, which intervention should the nurse expect to include as part of the initial treatment?
- 5240While assessing a preschooler brought by her parents to the emergency department after ingestion of kerosene, the nurse should be alert for which complication?
- 5241Which statement by the parent of an 18-month-old child most indicates to the nurse that the child needs laboratory testing for lead levels?
- 5242In an initial screening for lead poisoning, a 2-year-old child is found to have a lead level of 10 mcg/dL (0.48 μmol/L). The nurse should:
- 5243When teaching the mother of a toddler diagnosed with lead poisoning, what should the nurse include as the most serious complication if the condition goes untreated?
- 5244The nurse is teaching dietary interventions to the parents of a child with an elevated blood lead level (EBLL). Which nutrient is least important to include in the child’s diet?
- 5245Which parent statement would suggest to the nurse that a child may have celiac disease and should be referred to a health care provider (HCP)?
- 5246During assessment of a child with celiac disease, the nurse would most likely note which physical finding?