List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5152When developing the plan of care for an infant with a cleft lip before corrective surgery is performed, what should be a priority?
- 5153Which measure would be most effective in helping the infant with a cleft lip and palate to retain oral feedings?
- 5154After teaching the parent of an infant who has had a surgical repair for a cleft lip about the use of elbow restraints at home, the nurse determines that the teaching has been successful when the parent makes which statement?
- 5155The mother of an infant with a cleft lip asks when the repair will be scheduled. What is the nurse’s best response?
- 5156On the 2nd postoperative day after repair of a cleft palate, what should the nurse use to feed a toddler?
- 5157The parents report that their 1-day-old is drooling and having choking episodes with excessive amounts of mucus and color changes, especially during feedings. The nurse should contact the healthcare provider (HCP) to further assess the baby and request a prescription for:
- 5158The parents of a child with a tracheoesophageal fistula express feelings of guilt about their baby’s anomaly. Which approach by the nurse would best support the parents?
- 5159After teaching the parents of a neonate diagnosed with a tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF) about this anomaly, the nurse determines that the teaching was successful when the parent describes the condition in which way?
- 5160Which finding would indicate that an infant with a tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF) needs suctioning?
- 5161The nurse is administering bolus gastrostomy feedings to an infant after surgery to correct a tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF). To prevent air from entering the stomach once the syringe barrel is attached to the gastrostomy, tube the nurse should: