List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5487A 17-year-old female with severe nodular acne is considering treatment with isotretinoin. Prior to beginning the medication, the nurse explains that the client will be required to:
- 5488When teaching an adolescent with facial acne about skin care, the nurse should instruct the adolescent to:
- 5489A 9-month-old infant with eczema has lesions that are secondarily infected. Which recommendation is the most appropriate to help the parents best meet the needs of the child?
- 5490After the nurse teaches the mother of a child with atopic dermatitis how to bathe her child, which statement by the mother indicates effective teaching?
- 5491A 5-year-old child brought to the clinic with several superficial sores on the front of the left leg is diagnosed with impetigo. Which instructions should the nurse give the parent?
- 5492When developing the teaching plan for the mother of a 2-year-old child diagnosed with scabies, what information should the nurse expect to include?
- 5493A 10-year-old has just spilled hot liquid on his arm, and a 4-inch (10-cm) area on his forearm is severely burned. His mother calls the emergency department. What should the nurse advise the mother to do?
- 5494Which interventions would be most appropriate to institute when a school-age child with burns becomes angry and combative when it is time to change the dressings and apply mafenide acetate?
- 5495A 5-year-old child with burns on the trunk and arms has no appetite. The nurse and the parent develop a plan of care to stimulate the child’s appetite. Which suggestion made by the parent would indicate the need for additional teaching?
- 5496After teaching the parent of a child with severe burns about the importance of specific nutritional support in burn management, which selection of foods, if chosen by the parent from the child’s diet menu, indicate the need for further instruction?