List as Question per ZhangJie
- 5091The nurse caring for a 7-year-old child who has undergone a cardiac catheterization 2 hours ago finds the dressing and bed saturated with blood. The nurse should first:
- 5092A 4-year-old has been scheduled for a cardiac catheterization. To help prepare the family, the nurse should:
- 5093When teaching the parents of a child with a ventricular septal defect who is scheduled for a cardiac catheterization, the nurse explains that this procedure involves the use of which technique?
- 5094When developing the discharge teaching plan for the parents of a child who has undergone a cardiac catheterization for ventricular septal defect, which information should the nurse expect to include?
- 5095Discharge teaching for a 3-month-old infant with a cardiac defect who is to receive digoxin should include which information? Select all that apply.
- 5096An 18-month-old with a congenital heart defect is to receive digoxin twice a day. Which instructions should the nurse give the parents?
- 5097Which signs and symptoms would lead the nurse to suspect a child has tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)? Select all that apply.
- 5098The nurse is caring for a newborn with a large ventricular septal defect. The client has undergone pulmonary artery banding. Which assessment findings indicate that the pulmonary artery band is functioning effectively?
- 5099A child diagnosed with tetralogy of Fallot becomes upset, cries, and thrashes around when a blood specimen is obtained. The child becomes cyanotic, and the respiratory rate increases to 44 breaths/min. Which action should the nurse do first?
- 5100When teaching a preschool-age child how to perform coughing and deep- breathing exercises before corrective surgery for tetralogy of Fallot, which teaching and learning principles should the nurse address first?